Tuesday 28 December 2010

Bread, Pasta and Scrambled Eggs

The last two days have sort of blended into one, and have resulted with me feeling incredibly sluggish, and like I’m coming down with a cold.

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I took a drive over to Worcester town for the day to browse the sales, get some birthday presents for my mum and brother, and to have a nice lunch somewhere. After days of eating sweets and chocolates we were both craving a mountain of carbs so we went to Ask – usually I avoid bread and pasta like the plague, but as it’s Christmas I’ve been treating myself to bread here and there. I ordered garlic bread with cheese to start, thinking it would only be a small portion, but it was the size of a dinner plate! Nom nom, all gone! Then I had pasta with chicken and mushroom in a creamy white wine sauce – I can’t describe how good it was to eat real pasta again! It must be over a year since I last ate real pasta and I was worried it would make me ill like the last time, but I survived!

After we came home from Worcester, we put a DVD on and I did something I never do…I fell asleep in front of the TV. So this morning, after almost 12 hours sleep, I dragged myself out of bed, managed to get myself showered and dressed, but I’ve spent the day just flopped on the sofa, feeling weak and pathetic. I’m so stuffed, but I can’t stop eating, I’ve got a sugar headache, a sore throat, and a day at work to look forward to tomorrow! My lovely boyfriend has been looking after me though, he made me delicious scrambled eggs for breakfast – I’ve never tasted scrambled eggs so good before; he is a kitchen genius!




The recipe is from Jamie Oliver, click here to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...