Sunday 26 December 2010

Bye Bye Christmas 2010

So, Christmas Day is over for another year, and as usual I’m faced with another Boxing Day spent desperately trying to fit everything new into my bedroom, while stuffing my face with as much cheese, chocolate and mince pies as I can manage – Christmas is the only acceptable time to fall off the diet wagon in such a spectacular fashion. Yesterday mostly consisted of White Chocolate Toblerone, Celebrations, Bagels, Sausage Rolls, Smoked Salmon, Christmas Dinner, Christmas Pudding and Shortbread. Boxing Day is generally known as buffet day in our house – cold meats, quiche, cheese and crackers etc and I love just sitting in my pyjamas, picking at food, organizing my presents and watching Christmas specials on the TV.

The Sale emails are coming in thick and fast today, but I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with them all! I’m not going to pretend I don’t look at the online Sales on Boxing Day; it’s a great time to grab a bargain! The shops I usually make a bee-line for are Topshop, River Island and ASOS, but so far this year, only ASOS have come up trumps!
I am shopping the Sales with the rule: “I’ll only buy it if I wanted it at full price.” Because in past years I’ve ended up buying clothes only because they are cheap, and they end up lost at the bottom of my drawer or sold on eBay. So this year I have a strategy!
The one and only bargain I have purchased so far is a swallow print blouse from the ASOS Sale.

 I originally wanted this blouse when Warehouse first brought it out, but at £55 I just couldn’t justify it! When ASOS announced their ‘Up to 50% off’ Sale, I couldn’t wait to get stuck in – and ASOS happen to sell Warehouse so it was the first thing I checked. I got the top for £27! I’m not sure how ASOS can get away with it though, as Warehouse is still selling it for the original RRP.

This afternoon my boyfriend and his parents are coming round – we have been together for almost three years and our parents haven’t met yet, which is quite shocking I suppose, but it’s one of those things that we never got around to arranging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...