Thursday 30 December 2010

Nail Art

So today I've not been at work, so I spent a lot of the morning browsing nail art tumblrs. I am a self confessed nail biter, but I wear falsies a lot because I love painting my nails - I'm working on growing them just a little bit so I can get gel nails.
These are some of my favourites from fuck yeah nail art!












So this afternoon, with a new set of nails, I decided to make my own nail art. It's very basic, but I think it's quite pretty.
The nails I use are Broadway Real Life Nails for Petite fingers in Short length becuase I have teeny tiny fingers it seems! I also need to keep the short so I can take my contact lenses out.



I don't know if you can see from this photo, but as my nails have started to grow a bit, the white tip show up underneath the falsies, which is mainly why I want to paint them a bit more. When my nails were really bitten down I could just leave them as they were.

So, I started off by painting my nails in Paddington Street by Nails Inc, which is a lovely dark red colour. Excuse my mesy nails, I didn't clean them up before I took the photo, oops.


Now for the fun part...nail gems! I told you it was basic! These are from Girls With Attitude in Boots for £3. You get a sheet of about 50 or so gems in two sizes that stick straight to the nails. I used tweezers to pick the off the sheet and place them, and coated them in clear polish just to make sure they stick.



And...ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...