Saturday 2 April 2011

Pamper Yourself For Free - Banana & Honey Face Mask

Following on from my 'pamper yourself for less than £5' post I thought I'd do a little post on pampering yourself for free! I'm definitely a creature of comfort and I love to indulge myself so I found this little beauty treatment a lot of fun! And everything can be found in your kitchen so you (technically) don't need to spend a penny!

Banana and Honey Face Mask.
Making your own banana face mask is easy, inexpensive and fun!

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1tbsp natural honey
4tbsp ground oats
Water

Method:
1. Mash the banana until it has a smooth texture.
Banana is a natural moisturiser that helps the skin rebuild its own moisture level.

2. Add the natural honey.
Honey has been used as a natural remedy for centuries for a variety of ailments. It is known to reduce inflammation and swelling in wounds and can kill germs.

3. Stir in the ground oats and enough water to give the face mask a creamy consistency.
The oats in the face mask help to exfoliate the skin, removing dirt and dead skin cells.

4. Apply the banana mask evenly to your face.

5. Relax for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing the mask off with warm water.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leah! I love diy beauty, thank you for sharing this :)

    Kisses, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I will be making this tonight!

    -Kieran

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beauty meets Kawaii - you're welcome!

    @Lace Escapades - let me know how you get on with it if you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...