Wednesday 13 April 2011

Shiseido Matifying Moisturiser

Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil Free 50ml £28.00
I've only just rediscovered this little gem, otherwise I would have raved about it sooner!

Shiseido Pureness skincare range has been specifically designed to address excess oil and a lack of moisture that can often occur together and upset the skin's normal functioning.

They Say: "A lightweight moisturiser, with oil absorbing powder, that helps reduce surface shine as it provides exceptional hydration to skin. Feels refreshing and ultra sheer. Promotes a smooth texture.
Recommended for morning and evening; oily, blemish prone and combination skin."


I purchased a set of Shiseido products during my microdermabrasion treatments that also contained Shiseido Balancing Softener 150ml £23.00 and Shiseido Deep Cleaning Foam 100ml £21.50. It's fair to say this period of my life cost me an absolute fortune!
I originally purchased mine from the salon that did my microderms, but it can also be purchased from John Lewis and House of Frasier.

The moisturiser is housed in a pretty glass bottle with a not so pretty plastic lid, and has a pump dispenser which is ideal for getting just the right amount with no waste.
It comes out of the pump as a very light, slightly runny liquid and as it's massaged in I can feel the barest hint of powder. It instantly dries on my skin, leaving no oily, sticky residue that you so often get with moisturisers. 


I find this to be ideal as a primer - it leaves my skin soft, smooth and matte and foundation just glides over the top of it. I still use a small dab of primer over my cheeks on top of this, but I would say I am using a third of the amount I would have used on bare skin.
It's the only moisturiser I can wear under my makeup without ending up with a shiny face by the end of the day.

A little bit of this will go a long way! One pump covers my whole face for daytime use, but I do use a little bit more in the evenings just to make sure my face is thoroughly moisturised.

It does seem very pricey, but the amazing results justify the price for me and I would repurchase this again - however my current bottle will easily last another six months so it's definitely value for money. I don't know if I'd purchase the foam and softener again as I have other products that do the same job just as well, but this is the only moisturiser I have had such positive results with.

I'm not sure why I stopped using it, but I'm so pleased to have it back in my daily routine!

1 comment:

  1. I used to use it (along with the cleanser from the same range).
    I quite liked it but it didn't mattify my skin for very long (3-4hrs later my face was shiny again), but hey, my skin is mega oily (not many things work).
    It's a good product though - I'd use it again if my skin was less oily

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...