Wednesday 8 June 2011

Taking Time For Yourself

Over the last couple of weeks I've been finding myself incredibly low on energy, exhausted in the evenings, and getting out of bed in the morning seems to be getting harder and harder!

I'm not sure if it's my gym routine, my diet or work - probably a combination - but lately I've been noticing how much I relish taking 1, 5, or 10 minutes out of my life either in the morning or evening for some 'me time'.

It's never something big, but sometimes it's just the little things in life that can make us feel almost 100% better, a little more revived and rejuvenated, a little bit more looked after.

These are my favourites:

5 minutes to take all my make up off and cleanse or exfoliate

 2 minutes before bed to flip my head upside down and brush all my hair out

Going to bed half an hour earlier with a magazine and a cup of hot chocolate (Options Wicked White in case you were wondering)

A hot soak in the bath after my Saturday morning run

Putting fresh pyjamas on and getting into fresh bedding

Having an extra long warm down/stretching session after a workout

A sneaky 10 minutes in the work day to catch up on a blog, read a new recipe or check the gossip

Taking 10 minutes in the morning to sit down with breakfast

Palmer's Cocoa Butter. Just. Do it.

A night to myself. 
Pj's, face mask, nail polish, Gossip Girl. 
This rarely happens but when it does I love it!

I apologise that almost all of my photos are from wehearit; I've had a very busy, very nerve wracking week, and it's only Wednesday!

What are favourite 'me time' moments?


2 comments:

  1. Oh, clean sheets day is THE BEST! Sliding under the covers with clean, freshly moisturized skin is just the best feeling ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Prettyinthedesert - Ahhh you're so right, I love that feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...